Topic — A Stand before God; The Key to a Lasting Impact [Thursday August 24, 2017]
Scripture: And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the Lord:Genesis 19:27
Thought For The Day: A life left to chance has no chance.
Yesterday, we established that where a person stands determines what he can face. And we saw the two categories of people as far as where they stand are concerned.
Today, we shall look at the remaining three categories of people based on their stands in life.
1. People who stand on evil power: People to whom occult power, witchcraft power or diabolic power, is their source of confidence. To this category of people, disaster and destruction is their end in time and in eternity.
2. People standing on nothing: They are neither with the Light completely nor with darkness. The truth is, there is no neutral ground in life; a life left to chance has no chance.
3. People who stand before the LORD. This is where to stand. Abraham and Elijah stood before the LORD and their impacts on earth can never be forgotten.
Now, there are many people who assume they are standing before the Lord but they are not. Bishop David Oyedepo said, ‘Assumption is the foundation for frustration.’
I believe that these few questions will help you confirm your stand in life: When was the last time you spent quality time with the Lord like Abraham and Elijah? When was the last time you ran the errand of Jesus Christ? How and on what do you spend your energy, time and resources? These determine your stand.
Remember this: A life left to chance has no chance.
1. Make your devotion to God a priority in your daily life.
2. Load your spirit with the Word of God.
3. Allow God to overshadow you. Do not struggle with His instructions.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WHERE ARE YOU STANDING?
Prayer: O LORD, I desire to be with You all the days of my life. Draw me closer to You and make me addicted to Your Presence, LORD, in Jesus’ Name.
Quote: The closer you get to God, the more secured your life will be. The farther you move away from God, the more vulnerable your life and destiny will be. Culled from 15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL by Dr Paul Enenche.
Daily Reading: Job 12:1 to 15:35, 1 Corinthians 15:29 to 58, Psalm 39:1 to 13, Proverbs 21:30 to 31
Amazing Fact: The Milky Way galaxy we live in is one among the BILLIONS in space.
Today In History: 24/8/1456 – The printing of the Gutenberg Bible was completed.
Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), is a powerfully anointed church, headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Dr Paul and Dr Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities.